The Hillside Community Center is now available to all adult members of the Hillandale Homeowners Association who are in good standing (i.e. no outstanding financial obligations to the HOA, no outstanding HOA rule violations and no previous violation of Hillside rental guidelines).
The facility may be used for Board and committee meetings, educational and instructional programs, community meetings, club gatherings and private parties as scheduling permits.
Reservations will fall into three categories:
1) For clubs, committees, educational and like small non-profit groups holding meetings, which do not involve the exchange of monies and where only light snacks are served. No Rental Application, Rental Agreement, security deposit and/or rental fee will be required. Such groups will simply make room reservations with management on a first-come-first-served basis. All Hillside Rules and Regulations shall apply and groups are expected to clean up after themselves. If convenient and agreeable, this may involve more than one group using the facility at any one time.
2) For individuals and/or organizations holding meetings of any type, during which a product or service will be sold, or for which participants will be required to pay a fee, 10% of net monies collected per meeting will be due to the Association following event. Such meetings may include regularly scheduled classes such as low impact aerobics, yoga, Pilates, meditation, Tai Chi and similar exercise activities. Due to the nature of the facility, no exercise equipment may be stored or used on site. When applicable, instructors may be asked to provide proof of certification and/or insurance. Room reservations for such activities will be handled by management, dependant upon completion of Rental Application and Rental Agreement and contingent upon Hillside Committee approval. All Hillside Rules and Regulations shall apply and groups are expected to clean up after themselves. Scheduling of such activities will be encouraged during those hours least likely to interfere with bookings of other parties or events. The Hillside Committee will decide duration of such meetings on a case-by-case basis dependant upon community interest and facility availability.
3) For Hillandale homeowners hosting parties or events where beverages (including Hillandale homeowners hosting parties or events where beverages (including alcohol) and/or meals will be served, catering or parking services used or rental equipment services are involved, reservations will be made as follows:
- Eligible Hillandale homeowner must submit Rental Application along with $400 refundable security deposit, no less than fourteen (14) days prior to event.
- A Rental Agreement and Release must be submitted, along with a $250.00 rental fee, at least seven (7) days prior to reservation. Both the rental fee and the security deposit must be on separate checks, payable to “Hillandale HOA”.
- Renter will be provided with keys and an inventory check list, which must be signed prior to usage of facility.
- Renter must follow Hillside Rules and Regulations. Special attention will be called to cleaning, parking and insurance requirements.